Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great way to introduce brown rice to your "only white rice" family.
Make and share this Salmon & Brown Rice Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 7 1⁄2 ounces canned salmon, drained & skin removed (*)
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 2⁄3 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed, dried
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 -5 dashes of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all but cheese in a 11/2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake until done.about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly.
- * I would leave the bones in They are very soft, just mash a little. Really very healthy.
Very good! I didn't have any canned salmon, so I did this in my rice cooker. Steamed a salmon filet on top, with the rest in the bottom. When it was done, I flaked the salmon in and added the cheese. Added salt, pepper and some dill to the fillet before steaming it. Worked like a charm!
This is a great recipe to make in single servings. I scaled it down to one and added more salmon/corn. The cooking time was about the same except halfway through I stirred it to prevent it from getting burnt on the edges. Great dish!
Wow! Super easy and delicious!!! I was a little skeptical that a "healthy" casserole with so few ingredients would be bland, but it is wonderfully delicious! Thanks so much, Happy Harry! This one's going into the rotation.