Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was taken from Cuisine traditionnelle d'un Quebec oublie. A good recipe for canned salmon. The recipe calls for canned peas and carrot but green beans can be used instead.
- 2 small rolls or 6 slices bread
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 16 ounces salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups of canned peas and carrots
- onion salt
- In a bowl, break up the bread in crumbs and add the salmon and its juices.
- Mix the bones by crushing in the bowl with a fork.
- Add eggs, lightly beaten, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Mix and season to taste.
- In a greased 8-inch glass dish, put a layer of vegetables and cover with salmon mixture.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes at 375°F.
- Accompany with buttered beets and a green salad.
- This recipe gives 5 to 6 portions.