Recipe by Aunt Willie
A Thai style recipe that I have been holding on to for some time. I am posting here for safe-keeping. I no longer remember where I got it.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 -3 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro stems
- 4 (6 inch) salmon fillets, skinned, pin bones removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet big enough to hold the fish, combine the coconut milk, orange juice, orange zest, fish sauce, chile sauce, garlic, ginger, mint and cilantro and mix well.
- Add fish and make sure it is submerged. If it is not submerged, add equal amounts of coconut milk and orange juice.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a very low simmer.
- Cover the pan and decrease heat to low. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- If the fish does not flake when prodded with a fork, cover pan and simmer for 2 minutes more. (If fish is not submerged, turn fish over after 5 minutes of cooking.).
- Gently remove fish and place on dinner plates. Spoon sauce around sides and serve at once.