Aunt Willie's Note:
A Thai style recipe that I have been holding on to for some time. I am posting here for safe-keeping. I no longer remember where I got it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 -3 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro stems
- 4 (6 inch) salmon fillets, skinned, pin bones removed
- 1In a large skillet big enough to hold the fish, combine the coconut milk, orange juice, orange zest, fish sauce, chile sauce, garlic, ginger, mint and cilantro and mix well.
- 2Add fish and make sure it is submerged. If it is not submerged, add equal amounts of coconut milk and orange juice.
- 3Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a very low simmer.
- 4Cover the pan and decrease heat to low. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- 5If the fish does not flake when prodded with a fork, cover pan and simmer for 2 minutes more. (If fish is not submerged, turn fish over after 5 minutes of cooking.).
- 6Gently remove fish and place on dinner plates. Spoon sauce around sides and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Braised in Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 703.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce