Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Thai style recipe that I have been holding on to for some time. I am posting here for safe-keeping. I no longer remember where I got it.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 -3 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro stems
- 4 (6 inch) salmon fillets, skinned, pin bones removed
- In a large skillet big enough to hold the fish, combine the coconut milk, orange juice, orange zest, fish sauce, chile sauce, garlic, ginger, mint and cilantro and mix well.
- Add fish and make sure it is submerged. If it is not submerged, add equal amounts of coconut milk and orange juice.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a very low simmer.
- Cover the pan and decrease heat to low. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- If the fish does not flake when prodded with a fork, cover pan and simmer for 2 minutes more. (If fish is not submerged, turn fish over after 5 minutes of cooking.).
- Gently remove fish and place on dinner plates. Spoon sauce around sides and serve at once.
This was fantastic! We used frozen salmon fillets and served them with the sauce over sauteed spinach. This recipe is so easy, fresh, and delicious. Thanks for sharing.