Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light and tasty salad for lunch. Salmon other than red sockeye can be used, but the flavour won't be as good.
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) canred sockeye salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped finely
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bottled French dressing
- 2 -3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 medium cucumbers
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the cucumbers.
- Peel the cucumbers (lengthwise strips on skin can be left or decoration if desired).
- Run a fork lengthwise down the cucumber to make a pattern.
- Half the cucumbers lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon.
- Fill cucumber halves with salmon mixture.
We enjoyed these cucumber boats as an appetizer,I cut each filled cucumber into 6 pices, followed the recipe as written except for adding 2 tablespoons capers which go well with salmon. Nice and crunchy and will make again, perhaps next time will try small zuccini (sp) boats. Thanks for sharing.