Recipe by *Pixie*
A light and tasty salad for lunch. Salmon other than red sockeye can be used, but the flavour won't be as good.
Top Review by Derf
We enjoyed these cucumber boats as an appetizer,I cut each filled cucumber into 6 pices, followed the recipe as written except for adding 2 tablespoons capers which go well with salmon. Nice and crunchy and will make again, perhaps next time will try small zuccini (sp) boats. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) canred sockeye salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped finely
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bottled French dressing
- 2 -3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 medium cucumbers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the cucumbers.
- Peel the cucumbers (lengthwise strips on skin can be left or decoration if desired).
- Run a fork lengthwise down the cucumber to make a pattern.
- Half the cucumbers lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon.
- Fill cucumber halves with salmon mixture.