From Matt's At The Market, Seattle, WA. Very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vietnamese chili paste (aka sambel olek or may substitute spicy Thai chili sauce)
Seasoned Cornmeal Crust Mixture
- 1/4 cup white cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1To make the spicy mayonnaise: combine ingredients until well blended; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2To make the seasoned cornmeal crust mixture: add ingredients to the container of a food processor; blend well.
- 3Transfer mixture to a wide bowl or pie plate; set aside.
- 4To make the sandwiches: season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- 5Dredge the fillets in the seasoned cornmeal crust mixture and set aside.
- 6In a large skillet, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 7Heat the oil to a low smoke; add the salmon fillets and fry them, turning once.
- 8Cooking time depends on the thickness of the fillets and the desired degree of doneness; do not over cook the salmon.
- 9Spread each slice of potato bread with the spicy mayonnaise on one side.
- 10On 4 slices of bread, place arugula leaves to cover, add 3 slices of tomato and 3 slices of bacon to each.
- 11Add the fried salmon fillet and cover with remaining slices of bread.
- 12Slice the sandwich in half and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon BLT
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.8
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 226.8 mg
- Sodium 1378.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 73.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: