Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw this prepared on a local news show by a local restaurant chef. Tasting is believing!
- 4 fresh salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 medium shrimp, uncooked, de-veined and cleaned (I left the tail on)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1⁄4 cup good vodka
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (better if you shred it)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- cracked pepper (to taste)
- Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper and dredge in flour lightly.
- Heat a large saute pan and a good drizzle of olive oil to medium heat.
- Add the filets when the oil is hot and saute' for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the vodka, garlic, nutmeg and shrimp to the pan and stir.
- Now add the cream and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Finish the sauce with the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- I served this with fresh garlic asparagus and dinner salad. Next time I may serve the filets over pasta. If you like salmon and creamy sauce this recipe will not disappoint. Yum.
Rave reviews all around! I didn't have parmesan cheese so I added romano cheese instead. I also added sliced orange pepper and chopped green onion to the sauce and served it over pasta. The sauce was delicious - very creamy! Will definitely make this again.
Loved it, great for special occasions!
This is sooooooo, soooooo very good!! I used fresh caught king salmon which made the flavor even better. The sauce is absolutely divine and goes so well with the taste of salmon. I served this with asparagus, salad, and artichoke and spinach dip for an appetizer. To make it fine dining, I added a bottle of Pinot Noir.My guests were nearly orgasmic!