Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A moist,Heathy, tasty salmon dish.That doesn't taste healthy at all
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice or 3 cups long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- nonstick cooking spray or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet over medium heat,add butter and oil. Once butter is melted add onion and garlic. Saute until vegetables are softened.
- Add baby spinach to onion mixture,sook until spinach is wilted and glossy.
- In a large mixing bowl,mix your salt pepper,sour cream,mayo,mustard,1/4 cup parmesan cheese.Set aside 1/2 cup of the sour cream mixture.
- Mix in rice,and spinach mixture,add your egg beaters,and mix well.
- Grease a large baking dish with cooking spray,or olive oil. Spoon in all of your rice mixture. Place salmon on top ,and cover with 1/2 cup of the sour cream mixture.Sprinkle the remaining cheese over sour cream mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes,or until fish flakes apart.
I would totally recommend this recipe. I am new at cooking fish, but feel like a pro already! The tang of the sour cream really made my mouth water. I subbed 2 cans of cooked wild rice instead of the basmatti. It looked "wild" too. I'd recommend reserving enough of the sauce to cover and completely seal the top of the salmon and rice mix. I love that it's really healthy too. Thanks for posting this FarahC!