Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A traditional Swiss recipe submitted for ZWT7. From a recipe handout from the GLOBUS chain of department stores in Switzerland.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper, squeeze the lemon juice over them, and leave to marinate for a short time.
- Dredge the onion rings in the flour. Shake off the excess.
- Dredge the fish in the remaining flour, then brown quickly in the combined butter and oil for 5-6 minutes on each side. Brown the onion rings as well (after the fish have been removed from the pan).
- Arrange the fish on a warm plate and cover with the onion rings. Deglaze the pan with the fish stock and serve as a sauce over the salmon.
- Serve with boiled potatoes.
This is absolutely the best you can get for such a simple easy recipe. Restaurant quality! I made as written with the exception of using white wine to deglaze the pan and cut it down to one serving. Thanks Elmotoo for posting such a wonderful recipe. Made for ZWT7 Golden Gourmets.
Five stars all the way!!! A lovely, quick and very flavorful salmon dish that DH and I enjoyed very much with fingerlings and a tossed green salad. The only change I made was to deglaze with white wine (not stock). Thank you for a great meal, Elmotoo! Made for German Tag.
I very much enjoyed this preparation of Salmon. The fish was flaky and delicious without being overpowered by spicy sauces and the fried onions where the icing on the cake! I served it with smashed sweet potatoes and yellow wax beens. A truly scrumptious meal! made for "More then sauerkraut and Dumplings" in the German Forum.