Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick & easy appetizer (the cook time is actually the time to allow the mixture to firm in the frig, longer is better).
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons horseradish (prepared, not cream)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley (I have also done this with finely chopped green onions)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix salmon with cream cheese, lemon juice, horseradish, and onion.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Mix parsley and pecans together.
- Form salmon mixture into a ball.
- Roll in pecan-parsley mixture.
- Serve on a plate with your favorite crackers around it.
- If you are not fond of horseradish, I would cut it down to 1 teaspoons.
- (I love the taste of horseradish so I usually add more).
I added some salt and peppper. Otherwise, this recipe was wonderful and tasty and visually inviting.
The city I have just moved too is renowned for its Art Deco 'culture' and this weekend has been Art Deco Weekend, lots of activities going on and we decided to pack a 'classy' picnic and join in the festivities, so along with a couple bottles of wine and another 'zaar recipe I made this yummy scrummy Salmon Ball, the horseradish gives it a real 'punch' and there isnt much left! Thanks for posting this, we really enjoyed. =)
Great tasting and unique. I found that I only like it using red salmon though...the pink salmon makes it taste too much like tuna.