Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Recipe from "A Cooking Affair" cookbook. What makes this different from other salmon cheese balls is the worcestershire sauce and the tiny amount of liquid smoke along with the horseradish. Sounds scrumptious!
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can red salmon, drained (remove skin and bones)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix all ingredients except parsley and nuts until well blended. Adjust seasonings if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Serve as a spread with rye or pumpernickle slices or shape into a mound, garnished with parsley and/or nuts. It is delicious with raw vegetables. Prep time includes refrigeration time.