- 4 (10 inch) cedar planks
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce, glaze
- 4 (6 ounce) true north salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the hoisin, lime juice, lime zest, honey, garlic and cilantro together in a small bowl.
- Soak the cedar plank in water for at least 2 hours and up to 12.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ingredients to make the hoisin glaze. Lightly season the salmon with salt. Spoon the glaze over the salmon so it is fully coated.
- Heat the soaked cedar plank in the oven for 15 minutes to bring out the aroma of the wood.
- Place the salmon on the plank, skin side down.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven, until the fillet can be barely flaked with a fork.