Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 bouillon cube, chicken
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup rice, long-grain
- 1 tablespoon margarine, unsalted
- 1⁄3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 salmon steaks, 1/2 ",thick
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Gently boil carrot, celery, onion and bouillon in water in pot, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice and margarine.
- Simmer, covered, 20 minutes (not all liquid will be absorbed).
- Combine flour, garlic salt, dill and onion powder on waxed paper.
- Spread salmon on both sides with mayonnaise.
- Dip in flour mixture.
- Lightly brown steaks on both sides in ungresed skillet over medium heat.
- Pour UNDRAINED rice mixture into shallow baking dish, about 11 x 7".
- Place steaks on top of rice mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated hot oven (400'F) for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
i wasn't too sure about this- until i tried it! it was so yummy!!! a nice way to make salmon.
very good. i used two fillets so i had to bake them for 10 mins. longer but it still was good. i wish i had doubled the rice recipe because it was very good also. i don't usually like salmon but this left it very mild tasting. i will make this again.