Recipe by Cristina Barry
This is a great recipe. Nice Asian twist to salmon. www.foodtv.com
Top Review by Jo at the lake
Would love to make this, but the recipe is incomplete. 1) There is no lemon juice in the ingredient list but is in the Directions -- How much to use? 2) Garlic is included in the Ingredient list, but not mentioned in the Directions. I assume it's whisked in the small bowl?? Please correct.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 ounces salmon fillets, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 chilled firm ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush salmon with 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil salmon for 10 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- In a small bowl whisk together, remaining soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, oil, sugar, ginger, and a pinch of salt until sugar is dissolved.
- Quarter pit and peel avocado and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Add avocado to dressing and gently turn with a rubber spatula to coat.
- Plate salmon and divide avocado and dressing between them.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over avocado.