Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a big hit with my husband, even though he's not normally a fan of smoked salmon, and I enjoyed it too, even though I'm picky with my avocado dishes. (The recipe is for one serving, but I doubled it so my husband and I could both enjoy.) The original recipe can be found here: http://www.integrativenutrition.com/connect/recipes/breakfasts/salmon-avocado-omelet
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sliced smoked salmon
- 1⁄4 avocado, diced
- salt and pepper
- Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, turn heat to low and cook for 3-5 minutes until eggs are mostly cooked.
- Distribute salmon and avocado evenly across the eggs.
- Use a spatula to fold the omelet in half and cook 30 seconds on each side.