Flaky salmon, fresh green asparagus and al dente pasta is at its best when topped with a delicious and light dill sauce. What makes it even better is that it can be on your plate in 20 minutes or less!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces pasta, use a short pasta like rotini or 4 ounces penne
- 8 ounces asparagus, pencil thin and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart water
For the Salmon
- 8 ounces salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- cooking spray
For the Sauce
- 1Turn on your broiler and set your upper rack to the middle position. Let it preheat 5 minutes.
- 2Set 1 qt of water to boil in a medium pot.
- 3Take a 12" wide section of heavy duty foil and fold into thirds and then fold over the edges by 1/4"- this is what you will bake the salmon on (who doesn't like easy cleanup?). Spray the foil with a spritz of cooking spray, and season the salmon on both sides. Place on the foil and give the top of the salmon a spritz of cooking spray.
- 4Bake under the broiler- this should take about 6-8 minutes. When its done, remove from the oven and set it aside to rest.
- 5When your water comes to a boil, salt it and add the pasta. You will add in the asparagus during the last minute of cooking.
- 6To make the sauce, whisk together the first 9 ingredients of the sauce in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir occasionally. When it has thickened and no longer has a starchy flavor, take off the heat.
- 7When the pasta and asparagus is done cooking, drain and return to the pan you cooked it inches Dice the salmon into bite sized pieces and add to the pasta.
- 8Just before adding the sauce to the pasta, stir in the lemon juice and light butter. Dump this into the pan with the pasta, asparagus and salmon, toss gently until the pasta is completely coated with sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon, Asparagus and Pasta in a Creamy Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (873 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.1
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 1560.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 40.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: