My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh skinless salmon fillet or 1 1/4 lbs frozen skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup salad dressing
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded lemons, rind of
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 slices very thinly sliced or thinly sliced firm-textured white bread, crust removed
- 2 cups loosely packed watercress, tops rinsed and dried (thick stems)
- sliced pimento stuffed olive (optional)
- 1Thaw fish, if frozen.
- 2Measure thickness of fish fillets.
- 3Add 1 1/2 cups water to a large skillet.
- 4Bring to boiling.
- 5Add fish fillets.
- 6Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- 7Simmer, uncovered, about 4 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 8With slotted spatula, lift salmon to a plate lined with several thicknesses of white paper toweling.
- 9Allow salmon to cool for 15 minutes.
- 10Remove paper toweling; cover salmon with plastic wrap and chill thoroughly.
- 11Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, capers, lemon peel and salt; set aside.
- 12Remove any dark flesh from chilled salmon.
- 13Flake salmon and add to the mayonnaise mixture; stir with a fork to combine.
- 14Spread each slice of bread with some of the salmon salad.
- 15Top half of the slices with watercress.
- 16Add remaining slices of bread, spread-side down.
- 17Cut sandwiches in quarters to form squares, rectangles, and/or triangles.
- 18If desired, top each piece with an olive slice and a decorative pick.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Appetizer Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (1556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.8
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 140.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g