Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
These can be steamed, baked, or fried. This version is in Japanese style. I found this recipe at a Japanese website called www.cookpad.com, but I tweaked it a bit! suitable for diabetics and children should like the bright color. good way of eating tofu
- 150 g tofu
- 150 g cooked salmon or 150 g canned salmon
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (more if needed)
- egg white, as needed (optional)
- egg yolk, as needed
- If using silken tofu, freeze it for at least 72 hours.
- Press the water out of the tofu (both soft and firm need to be drained) by placing a weight on it.
- if using canned salmon, drain water.
- for food processor/blender: combine salmon, starch, tofu, and hijiki. combine until well-blended.
- i did not use a blender or food processor.
- these are the directions for making salmon balls by hand.
- first, mash the cooked salmon.
- add the tofu and hijiki an starch until well blended.
- if mixture does not hold together well, add two egg whites or one egg white with a little of egg yolk.
- form into balls.
- deep fry, bake, or steam.
- i baked the balls for 15-30mins and then wsteamed for about 15-20 minutes.
- healthy, and delicious.
- add spices when blending.