Recipe by Chef# 616082
I got this from allrecipes and I'm adding it because there wasn't anything like it here. I don't like fish but bought out the store when they had three dollar a can wild salmon on for 79 cents. I didn't hate this and the fish eaters in the family liked it.
- 1 lb pasta (I used gluten free penne)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour (I used brown rice flour)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 2 (7 ounce) cans salmon (or a pound of cooked salmon)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 11 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter add the flour and whisk constantly until it bubbles and is smooth.
- Gradually stir in the milk and cheeses whisking continously until smooth.
- Crumble salmon into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and oregano.
- Cook and stir about 3 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve over the cooked pasta.