1/1 Photo of Salmon and Spinach Pasta
Chef# 616082's Note:
I got this from allrecipes and I'm adding it because there wasn't anything like it here. I don't like fish but bought out the store when they had three dollar a can wild salmon on for 79 cents. I didn't hate this and the fish eaters in the family liked it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pasta (I used gluten free penne)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour (I used brown rice flour)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 2 (7 ounce) cans salmon (or a pound of cooked salmon)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, julienned
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2Add pasta and cook for 11 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 3In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter add the flour and whisk constantly until it bubbles and is smooth.
- 4Gradually stir in the milk and cheeses whisking continously until smooth.
- 5Crumble salmon into the butter mixture.
- 6Stir in the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and oregano.
- 7Cook and stir about 3 minutes, until heated through.
- 8Serve over the cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Spinach Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 982.1
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 140.3 mg
- Sodium 929.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 57.8 g