Recipe by Chuck in Killbuck
Here is a salmon meal in itself. Delicious, economical and easy to prepare. Enjoy!
Top Review by Lightly Toasted
This had an excellent flavor, and was a great change from the same 'ol ham and scalloped potatoes. But mine seemed kind of runny. I'd probably cut down on the milk next time, or thiken the sauce before I bake. But like I said, excellent flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 4 -6 medium potatoes, pared
- 2 medium onions, peeled
- 3 tablespoons dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice fillets into bite size chunks, and set aside.
- Thinly slice potatoes and onions.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salt water approx 10 minutes and drain.
- Grease a shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Layer half the potatoes and half the onions in dish.
- Sprinkle with half the dill, salt and pepper.
- Top with the salmon chunks.
- Layer with the remaining potatoes, onions, dill, salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs and milk and pour over casserole evenly.
- Melt butter and mix with bread crumbs.
- Drizzle evenly over the top.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.