Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Coat only the salmon chunks in the marinade for this recipe. Make certain to soak the wooden skewers for a minimum of 30 minutes before threading and grilling. If desired thread small cherry tomatoes that have been brushed with oil and seasoned with salt in between the salmon and scallops. Because the wooden skewers need to soak before grilling, I would not advise to thread the skewers in advance, but if you wanted to do so I would use metal skewers. Servings are only estimated.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, can use 1/2 teaspoon more
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 lbs large scallops
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix the olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, mustard powder, oregano, chili powder, black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cut the salmon fillets into about the same size as your scallops, then add (only the salmon) to the bowl with spices; toss gently to coat completely on all sides.
- In another bowl toss the scallops and cherry tomatoes (if using) with a small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Alternately thread the salmon chunks cherry, tomatoes (if using) and scallops on wooden skewers.
- Place the kabobs on a greased grill over medium heat.
- Close the lid and grill turning once (about 6-7 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on the size of you salmon and scallops) or until the fish flakes easily.