Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
For brunch, lunch, or a light dinner.
- 1⁄2 lb center cut salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 lb small red potato, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 scallions, minced (white part only)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- Put the salmon in medium skillet; add enought water to cover (or use half water/half white wine); bring to a simmer, cover, and poach over low heat for about 30 minutes or until flaky.
- Transfer salmon to a plate or shallow dish; peel the skin away and discard; remove any bones and dark flesh; flake salmon and set aside.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan; add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook until tender; drain.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in scallions; cook/stir for 2 minutes; take skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle to cooked potatoes over the bottom of pie shell.
- Spoon the scallions over the potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flaked salmon, dill, and 1/4 cup white wine; season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture over the onions and potatoes.
- In another mixing bowl, add the cream and eggs; whisk until well blended.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 35-40 minutes or until set and golden (may need to cover pie shell edges with foil to keep from getting too brown).
- Cut into pie wedges and serve.