This was the first piccata recipe I tried, and we love it. It's so easy to prepare. I once tried making it with fat free ingredients, and it is not as good. I only serve it occasionally, because it is so rich, so that makes it more of a treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cream (I use Half&Half)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 lb salmon, cooked and flaked (I put salmon in a pan with a very small amount water, cook covered for about 5 min., drain well, the)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled,seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill weed, chopped (I usually use twice as much)
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotelle pasta
- 1Heat cream and butter over very low heat until reduced by 1/2 (about 30 minutes) stirring frequently.
- 2Add remaining ingredients, except pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile prepare pasta and drain well.
- 4To serve, pour sauce over pasta.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Pasta Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1178.4
- Calories from Fat 631
- Total Fat 70.1 g
- Saturated Fat 41.3 g
- Cholesterol 256.8 mg
- Sodium 267.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 29.4 g