Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from a magazine, but have changed it a little to suit us. It might sound like a strange combination-but it works.
- 100 g vermecelli rice noodles or 113.39 g vermecelli rice noodles
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml caster sugar
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 1 small hot red chili pepper, chopped
- 100 g smoked salmon or 113.39 g smoked salmon, torn into shreds
- 59.14 ml coriander leaves, picked from stems
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Allow to stand about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- drain again.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the vinegar, salt and sugar.
- Add the red onion slices.
- Peel the cucumber, leaving a little green skin here and there.
- Thinly slice on the diagonal, and add to the bowl along with onion and dressing.
- Stir in the chilies, smoked salmon and coriander leaves.
- Add the drained noodles and toss well together.
- Divide mixture between 2 bowls, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
I didn't think this sounded strange at all. I thought it sounded terrific and I was not disappointed! It's a lovely, tasty salad. The smoked salmon added a wonderful flavor without being to heavy. The sald makes a nice, colorful presentation, too. I used regular vermicelli noodles, but that's all I swapped. Thanx!