Recipe by Maiden77
I try to keep things simple and easy on the weekends. With some salmon fillets in the freezer and pasta in the pantry I decided to make a light flavored dinner. My husband loved my take on Salmon and Lemon Pasta and I have to say so did I. It was a good change from a red sauce or heavy cream sauce. I had a pound of angel hair pasta so I just used that but you could use any long pasta you have on hand. The ingredient list is short and simple and so is the cooking process which is just how I like it! If you have an extra lemon you can squeeze it over the salmon. Also sprinkle with additional fresh parsely.
Top Review by esfahlgren
Made this for my parents who are careful low-fat eaters. It was great! I used angel hair pasta and reserved some of the pasta water to make sure the final wasn't too dry. Thanks for posting.
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-6 salmon fillets
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml fresh Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 453.59 g pasta, long such as spagetti cooked as directed on package
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic, cook one minute.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Place in the skillet and cook 5 minutes. Turn the salmon and add the white wine, cover and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove salmon and cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to a simmer and zest the lemon into the skillet. Halve and squeeze the juice from the lemon into the skillet. Allow to simmer until reduce slightly, roughly 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the parsley and toss the pasta into the sauce until completely coated.