Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delightful hors d'ouvre. Though it looks really fishy it leaves the mouth with a fresh fruity aftertaste.
- 1 slice multigrain bread
- 1 slice smoked salmon (Thinly sliced Lox)
- 1 piece pickled herring (small pieces in wine)
- 1 teaspoon low sugar jam (Cherry and Blueberry Flavor)
- 2 teaspoons ready-made bruschetta
- fresh cracked black pepper
- lemon juice
- toast bread slice and cut into 4 triangles.
- thinly spread 1/4 tsp of jam on each triangle toast.
- Cut lox into 4 pieces big enough to cover each piece of toast.
- layer toast triangles with a thin slice of lox.
- place one small piece of herring on top of each piece of lox.
- place 1/2 tsp of tomato tapanade on top of herring.
- sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice on all.
- crack fresh black pepper on all to taste.
This was a real suprise. Not fishy at all. My guests loved them I had to make more than I expected, fortunately they're quick to do.