Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy pie to make. It forms a crust and cheese top during the cooking process- just like magic! Its a family favourite in our home. It can be made with regular wheat flour if desired. Best eaten on the day cooked and while it is still warm. You can use some of your favourite dried herbs eg basil in place of the fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free flour
- 5 eggs
- 60 g butter, softened (or you can use the equivelent amount of oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried herbs, you can use some dried herbs instead eg basil
- 210 g red salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Lightly grease a 20cm pie dish.
- Place flour, eggs, butter and dill in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Hand whisk until combined and smoothe. you can use a stick blender or food processor if desired but there is really no need.
- Pour into prepared pie dish and top with salmon, onion and cheese.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the mixture is set and the top is browned. You will see that the pie leaves the side of the dish as it forms the crust.
- Serve warm with a salad.
- - dried herbs if fresh dill is unavailable.
- - tinned pink salmon in place of red salmon.
- - oil in place of butter.
Very easy, and very delicious. I loved how light this was. 2/16 update: I was looking for a "portable" breakfast, so I re-made this recipe using non-stick muffin tins. I baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, and they turned out perfectly! Thanks again for a lovely dish!
This was tasty, even when made with canned salmon. Even my kids ate it w/out complaint (a rare event). The fact that this recipe is so easy will put it into our meal plans often. By the way, I used Pamela's pancake mix as the flour w/great results.
wow, this was delicious, and so easy, the only thing i did different was added a can of asparagus and spinach, becuase we were eating it as a main meal but did not change the ingredients at all and there was plenty of egg to go around. Thanks for posting, will be on the menu in our school canteen next week.