This is a very easy pie to make. It forms a crust and cheese top during the cooking process- just like magic! Its a family favourite in our home. It can be made with regular wheat flour if desired. Best eaten on the day cooked and while it is still warm. You can use some of your favourite dried herbs eg basil in place of the fresh dill
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 5 eggs
- 60 g butter, softened (or you can use the equivelent amount of oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried herbs, you can use some dried herbs instead eg basil
- 210 g red salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- 2Lightly grease a 20cm pie dish.
- 3Place flour, eggs, butter and dill in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Hand whisk until combined and smoothe. you can use a stick blender or food processor if desired but there is really no need.
- 4Pour into prepared pie dish and top with salmon, onion and cheese.
- 5Bake 30-40 minutes or until the mixture is set and the top is browned. You will see that the pie leaves the side of the dish as it forms the crust.
- 6Serve warm with a salad.
- 8- dried herbs if fresh dill is unavailable.
- 9- tinned pink salmon in place of red salmon.
- 10- oil in place of butter.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Herb Impossible Pie - Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.9
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 173.1 mg
- Sodium 150.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: