Recipe by Tish
Every once in a while you can find canned salmon. I would think you could use fresh, cooked salmon as well!
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canalaska salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 lb lasagna noodle, cooked
- 2 (26 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, slightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (or combination) or 1 lb provolone cheese (or combination) or 1 lb cheddar cheese (or combination)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Put marinara sauce, garlic and fennel seed to a sauce pot; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add basil and cook for 10 minutes; hold warm.
- Heat a grill. Lightly brush both sides of the chopped vegetables with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook to tender (time will vary depending on the type of vegetable, size of slices and temperature of grill). Remove from grill and chop into medium dice. Place in a bowl and mix together. Taste, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Lightly spray your lasagna pan with cooking spray then spread a light layer of marinara sauce mixture into the bottom of an oven proof casserole dish. Lay out a base of the cooked noodles, overlapping them slightly. Cover the noodles with a layer of 1/2 the grilled vegetable mix, spreading evenly over the noodles. Top the vegetables with 1/2 of the salmon, and 1/3 of the cheese. Add 1/3 of the remaining sauce. Add the next layer of noodles, and repeat the layering instructions above. Add a final layer of noodles, topped with the remaining 1/3 of sauce, followed by the remaining 1/3 of cheese. Carefully press everything down. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. At this point, the lasagna can be placed in either the refrigerator or freezer for later use.
- Place the lasagna in the oven and cook 45-60 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is completely heated through. Remove from oven, let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Frozen lasagna should be cooked at 325º for 60-90 minutes.