Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a simple salad for lunch with a nice bowl of soup. I am not a fan of fish or beans but who would have figured they would taste so good together
- 6 ounces canned red salmon
- 16 ounces frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 cup round onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 12 grape tomatoes
- Drain salmon and remove any bones. Thaw green beans and slice onion into thin rings.In a medium bowl, combine salmon, green beans and onion.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, water, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic; whisk together well. Pour over over salmon mixture; toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce and garnish with tomatoes.
- Makes three one-cup servings.