Recipe by dale!
This makes a delicious and healthy meal on it's own or a great side dish. So easy and so tasty!
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This was refreshing on a 92 degree day! I felt that the Italian dressing sort of overpowered the dill, so next time I might try 1/8 c dressing and 1/8 c white wine or something. I added a generous shake of salt and black pepper to the dressing, which helped to offset the slightly sweet tang of the yogurt and the sugar. I might also add more celery next time. All tinkering aside, this is definitely a keeper--thanks so much for posting! [made for My 3 Chefs 2008]
- 1 (375 g) packetfilled tortellini (cheese or spinach flavours)
- 1 (415 g) can salmon, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1⁄4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to packet directions until just done.
- Combine tortellini with flaked salmon and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Just before serving add the dressing to the salad and toss through gently.
- This can be served cold or warm.