Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite fishes and one of my favorite dishes. You can make a lower calorie quiche by replacing the half and half with the same amount of milk plus 3 Tablespoons of flour.
- 1 pie shell
- 6 ounces salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Place the salmon in a shallow pan. Add enough water to just cover the fish. Season with vinegar, bay leaf and peppercorns. Poach gently until the salmon tests just done. Do not overcook! Flake the salmon into pieces, and mix in herbs.
- Saute shallots in butter until lightly browned. Remove from the heat and mix with salmon and herbs.
- Beat eggs with the half and half, mustard, and salt. Put salmon mixture in the pie shell. Add the ricotta followed by the egg mixture. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake 10 minutes at 450°F then turn the oven down to 350°F., bake until the filling is firm (about 20 minutes longer). Let the pie cool for a few minutes before slicing.
So easy to make! My family loved it!