- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces smoked salmon (can use canned)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 ounces fat free cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Stir yeast and sugar into water and set aside for 8 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl and add the yeast mixture.
- Mix until dough begins pulling away from sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- You can add small amounts of flour to the dough and/or surface if dough is too sticky.
- Roll dough into a 12" circle using a floured rolling pin.
- Spray a nonstick pizza pan or baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place dough on pan and pinch the edges to form a shallow lip.
- Combine olive oil and garlic and brush evenly over edges of the pizza dough.
- Place salmon and cream cheese over pizza and top with red onion, mozzarella cheese, dill and capers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are browned and slightly crisp.