Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Its a wonderfully creamy and tasty dip, the salmon and herbs are a delightful combination and it does not last long once you serve it.
- 250 g cream cheese, not lite
- 210 g salmon, tinned, red
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon salad cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chives, fresh and finely snipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, black course
- Drain the Salmon well. Remove any skin and bones and crumble into a bowl.
- Beat the cream cheese with the milk and lemon juice until its smooth, add the salmon, salad dressing, chives, salt and pepper, beat all together until well mixed. Refrigerate for a few hours at least,but 24 hours is better as the flavours blend.
- Add slightly more milk to the mix if it's a bit too stiff as cream cheese differs from one brand to another.
- Salad cream has a more tart flavour than mayonnaise,so do us that if possible.
So easy to make and such wonderful flavours.
A great dip to serve on a warm summer's night with drinks.
Tis is a wonderful recipe Joy.
This is highly addictive! It is very easy to put together. Neufchatel Cream Cheese and a can of Alaskan Wild Red Salmon was used. While we really enjoyed the recipe as is, I may add in some dill or Old Bay to change it up a bit. Made for Made My Recipe Reunion in the Aussie Forum.
This is a very nice salmon dip and was easy to make. After taste testing, I did add 2 tablespoons of horseradish and some chopped red onion, only because we like our salmon dip to be zingy. Served with saltine crackers and it's addictive. Made for Spring 2012 My 3 Chefs.