1/1 Photo of Salmon and Cream Cheese Crepe Appetizers
1 hr 15 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
Imagine a stack of crepes layered with Salmon and a cream cheese mixture topped with a green olive sliced into wedges and you have a beautiful and delicious appetizer for a crowd. .. or make this as a side and serve with salad and you have a meal. This recipe makes 2 stacks cut into 12 wedges.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1Make Crepes: mix flour and salt. Add milk, eggs and butter. Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes until very smooth. Let batter rest 30 minutes before making crepes.
- 2You need to get 14 crepes out of this about 7 inches wide.You will trim these later.
- 3Heat non-stick skillet and brush with a small amount of oil. Remove pan from heat, pour batter in middle all at once and twirl the pan with your wrist. Once spread, return pan to heat. Cook on the first side until the edges start to get golden. Flip and cook another minute on the second side. Make all the crepes, stacking them as you go. no need to oil the pan again, after the first crepe.
- 4Once the crepes have cooled, trim them all to the same size. Make them about 6". Using a lid from a margarine container works great.
- 5Make the salmon layer: In a small bowl, mash salmon with 1/4 cup mayo, chives and pepper. Make sure the salmon mixture has no lumps, it needs to be smooth and spreadable.
- 6Make cream cheese layer: Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature. In a small bowl, mix with bacon and 2 tbsp mayo. Stir until smooth.
- 7On a cutting board, lay out two crepes (This will be the bottom layer of each of the two stacks). Spread 1/6 of the salmon on each. Place another crepe on top of each stack, spread 1/6 of the cream cheese. Continue, until you have two stacks of 7 crepes with alternating layers of salmon and cream cheese. I Save the two most attractive looking crepes for the top layers.
- 8Wrap each stack in plastic wrap and chill at least an hour. Before serving, slice each stack into 12 wedges and garnish with green olives with no pit so that you can stick a toothpick thru it.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Cream Cheese Crepe Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.6
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 207.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g