Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Imagine a stack of crepes layered with Salmon and a cream cheese mixture topped with a green olive sliced into wedges and you have a beautiful and delicious appetizer for a crowd. .. or make this as a side and serve with salad and you have a meal. This recipe makes 2 stacks cut into 12 wedges.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
This was so pretty and impressive. But equally tasty. I loved it, my quests did too. I used fresh salmon I cooked as it was on sale at the store but same result. I did add some pimentos to the salmon. This was actually for a pre Christmas party so I wanted a little red color :). A good friend of mine travels overseas from Halloween through New Years to be with her family and misses all the Xmas parties with friends here, so we throw here a xmas party including presents, a tree, lights, egg nog cookies, etc. This was a great app, and everyone wanted the recipe with or without my pimentos. Very nice!
- 236.59 ml flour
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml milk
- 44.37 ml butter, melted and cooled
- 198.44 g can salmon, boneless skinless
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml chopped chives
Cream Cheese Layer
- 170.09 g cream cheese
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 4 slice bacon, cooked crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Make Crepes: mix flour and salt. Add milk, eggs and butter. Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes until very smooth. Let batter rest 30 minutes before making crepes.
- You need to get 14 crepes out of this about 7 inches wide.You will trim these later.
- Heat non-stick skillet and brush with a small amount of oil. Remove pan from heat, pour batter in middle all at once and twirl the pan with your wrist. Once spread, return pan to heat. Cook on the first side until the edges start to get golden. Flip and cook another minute on the second side. Make all the crepes, stacking them as you go. no need to oil the pan again, after the first crepe.
- Once the crepes have cooled, trim them all to the same size. Make them about 6". Using a lid from a margarine container works great.
- Make the salmon layer: In a small bowl, mash salmon with 1/4 cup mayo, chives and pepper. Make sure the salmon mixture has no lumps, it needs to be smooth and spreadable.
- Make cream cheese layer: Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature. In a small bowl, mix with bacon and 2 tbsp mayo. Stir until smooth.
- On a cutting board, lay out two crepes (This will be the bottom layer of each of the two stacks). Spread 1/6 of the salmon on each. Place another crepe on top of each stack, spread 1/6 of the cream cheese. Continue, until you have two stacks of 7 crepes with alternating layers of salmon and cream cheese. I Save the two most attractive looking crepes for the top layers.
- Wrap each stack in plastic wrap and chill at least an hour. Before serving, slice each stack into 12 wedges and garnish with green olives with no pit so that you can stick a toothpick thru it.