Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We really enjoyed this meal -- simple and good! Recipe source: Family Circle (May, 2010)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to broil. Place foil on cookie sheet and set aside.
- Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil in a pot; add 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the couscous. Cover and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a cup of small bowl combine crumbs and 1 tablespoon dill; set aside.
- Sprinkle salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper and place on cookie sheet. Place directly under broiler and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and lower rack (6 inches from heat source).
- Brush salmon with mustard and sprinkle with the crumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Spray with Pam. Return to oven and cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir remaining dill, spinach and chicken broth into the couscous and let sit for 5 minutes before serving with the salmon.
I enjoyed this tonight with two small changes, I dislike dill and used thyme in it's place and skipped the spinach. I gave it less time under the broiler and more in the oven as part of my salmos was very thin and part quite thick. Two mins under the broiler and the rest in the oven worked well in my case. I must say that the couscous was a welcome change from rice and potatoes. :D
I really loved the ease of preparing this salmon...simply brush on mustard and top with a crunchy topping and pop under the broiler. I was rushing and left mine a couple of seconds too long, but still delicious. Made for PRMR tag game.
I love how this comes together into a complete meal. I enjoyed the addition of dill and spinach in the couscous. The salmon was tasty, too. Thanks for a really nice meal!