Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick but impressive dish by Jamie Oliver.
- 8 ounces couscous (230g)
- 2 (7 ounce) salmon fillets, skin on, scaled and pinboned (each ca 7oz/200g)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 16 asparagus spears
- 1 -2 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 small courgettes, sliced into batons
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Put your couscous in a bowl, then pour over just enough water to cover it.
- Set aside for 3 minutes to allow the couscous to soak up the water.
- Slice the salmon widthways into finger-size or twofinger-size strips (I've made 3 out of each fillet), drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the courgettes, asparagus tips and chilli. The vegetables will need 2-5 minutes, depending on their size and on your taste.
- Heat another non-stick frying pan and add the salmon strips (non-skin side first). They will need one minute on each side.
- Mix the tomatoes, lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of the olive oil and the coriander into the couscous and season to taste.
- Add the couscous to the veggies in the pan and mix.
- Put the salmon strips on top of the couscous, place a lid on and put back on a high heat for a minute.
- Slide everything on to plates and spoon over some sour cream.