Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was originally based on using fresh salmon that is poached. Too much work! I substitute canned red salmon. If you feel lazy substitute fresh corn kernels with canned corn.
- 500 g canned salmon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked corn kernel
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 1⁄4 cups breadcrumbs (additional for coating)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Add next twelve ingredients. Mix well.
- Shape into patties.
- Coat with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Gently fry in oil until golden brown.