Recipe by Irmgard
This recipe can also be made with clams but we like the salmon version better. It is a very easy soup to make and can even be made on a week night for a light dinner. The original recipe came from Canadian Living.
Top Review by Sunsprite in Sunny Southwest
Thanks for a great recipe. I added some chopped, roasted red bell peppers and some mild, roasted green chile chopped which gave the chowder a wonderful touch of color and a subtle flavor enhancement. This recipe is a keeper.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces cooked flaked salmon
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can cream-style corn
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add the onion to the drippings; cook for 2 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- Stir chicken stock and potatoes into the saucepan; cook for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Blend in the milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the corn and salmon.
- Heat through and serve, sprinkled with the bacon.