Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe can also be made with clams but we like the salmon version better. It is a very easy soup to make and can even be made on a week night for a light dinner. The original recipe came from Canadian Living.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add the onion to the drippings; cook for 2 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- Stir chicken stock and potatoes into the saucepan; cook for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Blend in the milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the corn and salmon.
- Heat through and serve, sprinkled with the bacon.
Thanks for a great recipe. I added some chopped, roasted red bell peppers and some mild, roasted green chile chopped which gave the chowder a wonderful touch of color and a subtle flavor enhancement. This recipe is a keeper.
I adapted the recipe a little, using lobster instead of the salmon. It turned out great, with rave reviews from my guests.