Recipe by Chef Toni Jones
This is a fantastic recipe for a dinner party, serve warm with a crisp salad or some green vegetables and new potatoes.It's a favourite in my family.
- 4 (150 g) salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 (500 g) package puff pastry
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together onion, basil, parsley, celery, chili, cheese, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Roll out pastry to a 16 inch square, cut into 4x8-inch squares.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on one side of each piece of pastry, top with salmon and the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Fold the other half of pastry over salmon, dampen the edges with water and seal well.
- Put 3 cuts in top of each parcel, then brush the pastry with beaten egg to glaze.
- Cook towards the top of preheated oven of gas mark 7 or electric 425°F for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.