Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Indulgent but worth it" is the caption under the recipe. You'll wow the crowd with this special treat. Comes from Ladies Home Journal magazine; Food Journal section (December, 1999).
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- 1⁄4 lb nova salmon, thinly sliced, cut crosswise into 1/2 " strips
- 3 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) jar black caviar, such as osetra
- Process water, milk, butter and salt in the food processor; add flour and process until smooth.
- Transfer to glass measure.
- Coat a 7", nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Fill a 1/4 cup measure halfway with batter; add to pan, tilting to cover bottom.
- Cook 1 minute; loosen edge and turn out onto plate (crepe should be just lightly colored).
- Repeat, making 11 more crepes, stacking on plate.
- Spread 1 rounded teaspoon creme fraiche down center of the crepe. Top with 2 strips salmon and 1/4 teaspoons each dill and caviar. Fold in sides and roll up. Cut in half on the diagonal.
- Repeat. Makes 24 pieces. *Can be made ahead and stored, covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.