Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A real mix and match recipe: super quick, easy and highly versatile. Vary ingredients - and certainly the amount of garlic - according to your preferences. And then change the name of the recipe to reflect what you've actually included in it!
- 210 g salmon, pink or red
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Spoon into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 190°C for 40 minutes, or until cooked.
- Chef's Suggestions: Obviously, if you have some leftover rice from another meal, you could use this instead of the plain brown rice; and you could certainly also add leftover - or needing to be used ASAP - chopped vegetables in this dish. You could also add an additional can of salmon. If adding more ingredients than those in the basic recipe, increase the quantities of mayonnaise, sour cream and add an extra egg. You would also need to cook the loaf for a little longer.
Sorry Bluemoon :-( My sister and I made these for dinner and did not like it. The texture was soft and mushy and there was not a lot of flavor. On the bright side, my doggy loved it (and she's a picky eater!) Sorry, won't make this again.
This recipe was good but I had trouble getting the salmon to stick together and form a loaf shape. Added a bit of seasoned bread crumbs, black pepper, lemon pepper, and the brown rice. Next time I think I will add some chopped vegetables too.