Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A real mix and match recipe: super quick, easy and highly versatile. Vary ingredients - and certainly the amount of garlic - according to your preferences. And then change the name of the recipe to reflect what you've actually included in it!
Top Review by KelBel
Sorry Bluemoon :-( My sister and I made these for dinner and did not like it. The texture was soft and mushy and there was not a lot of flavor. On the bright side, my doggy loved it (and she's a picky eater!) Sorry, won't make this again.
- 210 g salmon, pink or red
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Spoon into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 190°C for 40 minutes, or until cooked.
- Chef's Suggestions: Obviously, if you have some leftover rice from another meal, you could use this instead of the plain brown rice; and you could certainly also add leftover - or needing to be used ASAP - chopped vegetables in this dish. You could also add an additional can of salmon. If adding more ingredients than those in the basic recipe, increase the quantities of mayonnaise, sour cream and add an extra egg. You would also need to cook the loaf for a little longer.