Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
The beauty of this dish is there's no sauce to make. The layers of lasagna are moistened with a blend of soft cheese and cream, flecked through with dill and sharpened with a little lemon juice. It tastes quite rich so a little goes a long way, which is good as it's definitly not fat free!!! Great dinner party entree!!!
- 1 (250 g) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 (250 g) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (284 ml) carton single cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skinned
- 10 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
- 9 ounces fresh lasagna noodles, from chiller cabinet in store
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Beat together mascarpone, ricotta, cream, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper; Chop the salmon fillet into small chunks.
- Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, then drain and cook quickly under running cold water.
- Drain again.
- Spread a little of the cream mixture over the base of an oiled shallow rectangular dish.
- Cover with a layer of lasagne, cutting it to fit and taking care not to overlap pieces.
- Spread with more cream misture, then sprinkle over a third of the salmon and broccoli.
- Repeat twice more, then finish with a last layer of lasagne, and then the remaining cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake or 35 to 40 minutes, until the lasagne is cooked and the top is deep golden.
I made this recipe for a ladies lunch recently and it ticked all the boxes! Everyone wanted the recipe. It was easy to follow, not time consuming and very delicious!! I only did two layers as I had a shallow dish and that was fine. However, next time, I will add a little more of the cheese mixture because I had to go a bit easy so it would last the distance so I was glad I only did the two layers. Serve with a salad and most of your lunch is covered.
This was a great recipe. I thought it could use a bit more salmon. So I made it again with double the amount of salmon and we like it better. Thanks
This is a super recipe. So simple to make and utterly delicious. Looks and taste like something you would get in an expensive eatery!