I love making food from things that come in cans, jars, or freezer packets, because... well, I'm lazy. This recipe is great because it calls for all of the above, requiring absolutely nothing fresh. (Note: It's an altered version of a recipe from a book called Betty Crocker's 4 Ingredient Dinners.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups readymade alfredo sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans boneless skinless pink salmon
- seasoning, to taste
- 1In a large stockpot, cook noodles as directed on package.
- 2While noodles are cooking, flake and drain salmon.
- 3Yes, this is necessary!
- 4I was new to canned salmon, and so I didn't believe the instructions, but I soon discovered that salmon truly does come in huge, icky lumps.
- 5When noodles are 2 to 4 minutes away from being done, add the broccoli to the water.
- 6This will probably stop the water from boiling, so those 2 to 4 minutes might end up closer to 8 to 10 minutes instead!
- 7This happened to me, but, amazingly, even with 8 extra minutes of cooking time the broccoli did not become mush.
- 8Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving about a cup of the cooking water.
- 9Return noodles and broccoli to pot.
- 10Add Alfredo and seasonings to taste (I recommend lots of black pepper and--even better--Trader Joe's Sun-Dried Tomato Seasoning Splash, which is sold, not surprisingly, at Trader Joe's-- about 8 teaspoons of it).
- 11If the sauce is too thick, and it likely will be, dribble in the reserved cooking water slowly until the consistency is right.
- 12And you're done.
- 13Woo hoo.
- 14You just opened some cans, and a jar, and a box, and a package, and now you have yummy pasta.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Broccoli Alfredo With Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.2
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 72.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: