Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make this salad the night before and refrigerate ready to take to work the next day. Accompany with some wholemeal bread for a complete, nourishing meal at a fraction of store bought prices.
- Mix the beans with the vinaigrette, parsley and seasoning to taste. Place in the base of two a plastic containers with lids.
- Remove the skin and bones from the salmon and lightly flake the flesh; spoon on top of the bean mixture.
- Top with the tomatoes, onion and cucumber. finally heap the salad leaves on top.
- Seal the container with the lid and chill until required.
- Lightly toss together before eating.
This was a great way to mix up a healthy nutritious salad to take to work. I like that the dressing is at the bottom so that the lettuce doesn't get wilted before lunchtime. I used a jar of 3-bean salad as the "mixed beans". Also, I left out the onions, just a personal preference. I put this together one evening, and then had lunch ready for the next 2 days. Just before serving, I turned the container upside down to distribute the dressing, then opened the container and tossed everything together. Very good filling salad.