Recipe by Debbwl
This is a Better Homes and Gardens recipe that DH really enjoyed.
Top Review by pagonzales01
Doesn't anyone know you have to cook the tortillas, either on a tortilla grill, or on an iron skillet? The tortillas are NOT cooked all the way they are only cooked enough to keep them from spoiling. Try putting the tortilla on a iron griddle or iron skillet, NO grease, when they start to brown turn over coon the other side put on paper towel over tin foil and fold over while cooking the others.
- 12 fresh asparagus, trimmed (you will need thin asparagus)
- 1⁄2 cup PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, coarsely flaked and skin and bones removed
- 4 (7 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, cut into thin bite-size stips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered 10 inch skillet cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water. Drain again: pat dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, lemon peel, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Fold in salmon. Spread on tortillas. Arrange one-fourth of the spinach over salmon mixture on each tortilla. Then to one end of each tortilla arrange 3 asparagus spears, and one-fourth of the pepper stips on top of the salmon mixture and spinach leaves.
- Roll tortillas startin from the edge with the filling. Wrap in plastic wrap. Serve immediately or chill for up to 4 hours.