Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy dinner. Pop the foil packets in the oven while you make the sauce. Easy, great tasting hollandaise sauce. Can be whipped up while the salmon is cooking. This is an adaptation of many different recipes till I found the perfect dish to serve for dinner.
For the fish
- 4 sheets aluminum foil (12in x 18in)
- 4 (150 g) salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 kg asparagus
- 2 fresh lemon
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- fish seasoning, blend (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or to taste) or 1 dash hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Cut off ends of asparagus spears and divide into 4 portions.
- Mince garlic, separate into 4 portions.
- Place one of tablespoon butter in center of each foil sheet (can use non stick cooking spray to loose some calories).
- Microwave one lemon for 15 seconds to release the juices.
- Place one salmon fillet in the center of each sheet.
- Top with serving of garlic and asparagus.
- Drizzle each serving with juice from lemon.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and seasoning blend to taste.
- Bring up the sides of foil and fold top over twice.
- Fold up ends of foil leaving room for air to circulate inside the foil packets.
- Place in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until easy to flake.
- To prepare the sauce:.
- Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan until hot and foamy, but DO NOT let the butter brown.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with lemon juice.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
- Beat till foamy.
- Slowly beat in butter, then the water.
- Return mixture to saucepan and beat over very low heat until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove packets from oven and plate salmon and asparagus (please use extreme caution when opening steam can burn).
- Drizzle with sauce and serve with lemon wedge on the side.
Great recipe, now a family favorite! I don't use the hot sauce, It has the Best (and easy) Hollandaise Sauce too!
Recipe was very tasty, however, the asparagus was a little al dente. Did not use the fish seasoning either. Next time, will just steam the asparagus before making, and it should be perfect. Thanks for a great, easy recipe!