Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce is not curry based, but has a hint of ginger and coconut, topped with asparagus and carrots. It comes from Women's Day. Dh loves this recipe and we both find the sweet coconut milk mixed with the ginger is delightful.
- Put coconut milk,white part of scallions, garlic,ginger, salt and pepper in a large skillet, Stir over medium heat until well blended, just a few minutes.
- Cook asparagus and carrot spears in microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place pieces of salmon in a single layer on top of coconut milk mixture and scatter cooked asparagus pieces and carrots over and around salmon.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and asparagus is crisp tender.
- Using a broad spatula, transfer salmon to individual serving plates, spoon on sauce and vegetables, sprinkle with green part of scallions.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges to squeeze on fish.
Nothing better for a weekday meal than a 30 minute or less meal in one pot! (Okay, so we do a little steaming of the veggies first in the microwave, but no biggie, still easy clean up). :)
I kept to the recipe as stated, but only had green parts of the onions on hand so I doubled the amount for flavor.
My husband and I loved this recipe. I used regular coconut milk (instead of the light version), and it was delicious. I also had to sub zucchini for asparagus, but everything was super tender and the flavors complimented each other nicely. Yum!
This is just great. I was looking for a way to shake up how I generally prepare salmon, and this is a perfect solution. I love how tender and delicious the veggies came out. I served it over a bed of spinach, which wilted nicely under the heat of the salmon and sauce and made a lovely presentation and great flavor. I like my veggies crisp, so I omitted the pre-cooking step, and found them to be perfect that way. I omitted the salt (personal preference). Thank you for sharing this!