Recipe by Sherrie-pie
Good hot or cold. The recipe uses five small tarts or use a pre-baked pie shell. Although the recipe doesn't specify, I bake it at 180C.
- 375 g shortcrust pastry
- 100 g cooked salmon fillets, skinned
- 50 g asparagus spears
- 3 large eggs
- 100 ml single cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 5 individual tart tins with pastry, prick with a fork and bake blind for 15 minutes.
- Flake the fish.
- Microwave the asparagus for 3 1/2 minutes, or poach in a little water for 5 minutes, until tender. Cut into inch long pieces.
- Beat the eggs and cream together with the salt and pper. Divide the salmon and asparagus between the pastry cases and carefully pour in the egg mixture. Place in the oven and bake for a further 30 minutes until the egg mixture is firm and slightly golden.
- If using the pre baked shell, bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until firm in the middle.