Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great recipe for fresh asparagus. Serve with white or brown rice!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillets, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Heat non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook fish 5-7 minutes or until fish turns opaque throughout, gently stirring occasionally.
- Transfer fish to platter and keep warm.
- To same skillet, add asparagus and red pepper, cook covered for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender/crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together green onion, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, sugar and water until well blended.
- Add soy sauce mixture to vegetables and bring to boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over fish and toss gently to coat.
sounded good but it was way too salty and watery.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! This is a fabulous combinations of flavours. So easy to make. I used balsamic vinegar because I didn't have rice vinegar. The asparagus is so tasty in this. I serve this over boiled brown rice.
This made an excellent low carb meal. The vegetables were cooked until crisp tender and then the salmon was added and cooked until done. The sauce was poured over all and cooked until thickened. I may have used more asparagus than the recipe specified. I would make this again. Made for *Give Me Five*