- 8 asparagus spears, cut into chunks
- 4 ounces penne pasta, whole wheat (can use regular)
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup pasta water, reserved
- 4 salmon fillets, cooked and flaked (about 1 lb)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch asparagus (to save time, blanch in a colander placed in the pasta water as it boils), then run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Broil pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ricotta, lemon juice and, once pasta is done, water.
- Toss with asparagus, pasta, salmon salt and pepper.