Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is out of the September 2009 Oxygen magazine...
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into chunks
- 4 ounces penne pasta, whole wheat (can use regular)
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup pasta water, reserved
- 4 salmon fillets, cooked and flaked (about 1 lb)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Blanch asparagus (to save time, blanch in a colander placed in the pasta water as it boils), then run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Broil pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ricotta, lemon juice and, once pasta is done, water.
- Toss with asparagus, pasta, salmon salt and pepper.
This made a marvelous dinner. The asparagus was tender-firm perfection and all of the flavors worked beautifully together. I will surely make this again and I'm looking already looking forward to it. :D
Mmmmm, so good! I added some more pasta, used a little less salmon and had an "oops" moment too! I had everything ready to put together and the ricotta I thought I had wasn't there. I subbed it with a blend of buttermilk and cream cheese and it worked out just fine! I didn't need to add any pasta water. Made for PRMR tag game. Thanks TeresaS! :)